This release features new Word reports and focuses on bugfixes, new rules and usability improvements.
- Improved analysis in client application: Choose ruleset in quick analysis, ability to select custom ruleset and start rule set editor
- Improved result view in client application: Ability to copy/paste error messages
- Save all reports: Added function to save all generated reports in client application to a given folder
- New separate tools SPCop, SPDepend, SPMetrics and SPInventory
- New report type DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- Added new output arguments to TFS build activity (e.g. number of critical errors, errors etc.) to react on occured issues during build workflow
- Added new rule: SPC060113 DoNotDeployMSIFiles
- Added new rule: SPC050237 DoNotUseFieldCollectionByIndex
- Added new rule: SPC050238 DoNotUseSPWebGetListFromUrl
- Added new rule: SPC062103 DoNotDeployFeatureMultipleTimes
- Added new rule: SPC062104 DoNotDeployFeatureWithSameIDMultipleTimes
- Added new rule: SPC016102 DeployMissingControlAssembly
- Added new rule: SPC016103 DeployMissingControlTemplate
- Updated list of SharePoint assemblies in check for deprecated types, members and interfaces
- Dependency SPD015403 fixed issue with NullPointerException
- Rule SPC030202 DoNotUseReflectionToAccessSharePointAPI fixed issue with NullPointerException
- Function “Show Error help” in Visual Studio works for custom rules
- Dependency SPD015301 ModuleReferencedElementFiles, fixed issue when ElementFiles are deployed as TemplateFiles
- Rule SPC060402 DeployOnlyImageToImagesFolder, Added BMP as allowed image file
- Dependency SPD016102 ControlReferencesControlTemplate, fixed issue with missing ‘~’ for ControlSrc
- Fixed CheckIds for SPInventory to match the CheckId conventions
- Rule SPC030101 DoNotOverrideSystemFiles. fixed to securely detect overwritten system files
- Dependency SPD016102 ControlReferencesControlTemplate, fixed issue with ControlTemplates path
- Rule SPC050233 UseRowLimitInQueries, ignores now created SPQuery with SPView as argument
- WPF client crashed on RDP sessions when session window is closed and opened again
- Integration of CAT.NET failed in certain situations: results did not show up in the reports
- Rule SPC010221 DoNotCallDeprecatedMethods: improved check depending on method parameters
- Removed JSHint analysis from rule set “Extended Recommended” due to performance issues. Use rule set “All Rules” to enable JSHint.
- Client application: Reports are not displayed inline within the client app. Reports are opened directly in the browser or local application.
- Changed sorting of violations in report (previously first criteria was severity, now it is the category to have same sorting in all reports).
- Better exception handling: If an exception occurs during report generation the analysis is not stopped. Instead the analysis finishes and the failed report is excluded.
- The max. number of elements listed in the inventory is now limited to 1000. Otherwise reports size may increase drastically and the reports cannot be handled anymore.
- Removed rule SPC042105: Declare attribute ‘SolutionId’ in Feature (automatically set by SharePoint)
- Removed rule SPC045202: Declare attribute ‘FeatureId’ in ContentTypes (automatically set by SharePoint)